The Foundation Year is a six or nine-month program of study that prepares international students for life at the University. The International Foundation year helps student fulfil the necessary academic requirements in order to progress into a university.
This programme is intended for international students whom are high school graduates. The programme allows them to bridge the gap between a student’s previous education and what is expected of him/her at the university.
Successful graduates of the programme are guaranteed admission to a University. During the foundation year the students will learn essential study skills such as: essay writing, critical thinking and independent research as well as academic English. Upon completion of the Foundation programme, student progresses to year one.
All our partner colleges offering the International Foundation programme, have University Pathway managers on hand to give students a one-on-one assistance and advice, organize visits to Universities and ensure the student meet critical deadlines to maximize the student chances of acceptance to the best possible university
- If you are an international student and do not have the qualifications and/ or English language level to start a degree, our International Foundation Programme will give you a recognised qualification so that you can move straight on to an undergraduate degree
- This course will help you to develop the English and academic skills that you will need during your degree
- You will study alongside other international students in a friendly and supportive environment
- Our expert tutors will guide and help you to develop your skills
- During the specialist modules, you may be taught by the lecturers who will also teach you during your degree
To start the International Foundation Programme, you will need to have completed your secondary school education, be 16 years of age by the time you are making the application and have a minimum IELTS of 5.0 or equivalent overall.
January, Feb, April, July & September
Note that not all courses are available in January, Feb April & July entry dates
- FOUNDATION PRORAMMES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA AND UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME STUDENT CAN PROGRESS TO THE USA, AUSTRALIA & UK.